Sommers Family

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Fun with Food

So Grant's getting used to having "real" food every day now. He's had all the vegetables (and likes them) and we're still in the process of introducing all the various fruits. Did you know Gerber makes gourmet meals for babies? We tried one variety that is Chicken with pear sauce. Good grief! But Grant seemed to like it. They also make plums with blueberries, plums with apples, etc. Back in the old days when I used to dump stuff on Justin's head if he didn't eat it, there weren't so many options. Peas were just peas. If you wanted to mix fruits, you had to do it with multiple bottles.

Anyway, in my last post, I mentioned Grant's temper tantrum. (Speaking of which, I managed to get a little video of a
different tantrum because it was so funny) It turns out that was just a warm up for the very next night when he actually had a hissy fit. I didn't know people really had those, but that's what this was. Jared couldn't take the screaming, so he went out to play with the dog and we agreed that I wouldn't take Grant out of his chair until he'd eaten his food. So obviously, no eating was going on, since he was screaming. So I cleaned off his face and hugged him and let him cry on my shoulder, while he was still strapped in his chair. He started to go to sleep (cried himself right out) and I thought it was so funny!! I tapped on the window so Jared could see his poor little guy and he laughed and told me to just take him out and put him to bed. So I started to do that, but gave it one last shot, and lo and behold, he ate every bit of his food, even though it was now stone cold. Then he was all smiles and I took these pictures of the little bugger. Look at the little tears in his eyes. Awwwww.

1 Comments:

  • Fun video of the tantrum! I kept laughing when he looked up at you like, What the heck are you doing recording me at a time like this? Can't you see I'm crying here? Sweet little guy with those tears in his little eyes!

    By Blogger The Mortensens, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home