Sommers Family

Monday, August 18, 2008

Partners in Crime

Want a good laugh? Since Jacob and Grant are such good buddies, they're having a lot of adventures together. Grant can lead Jacob into trouble quicker than anything. Today I was getting dinner ready and realized I couldn't hear the boys (who usually make a lot of noise playing together) so I went to investigate what they were up to. I swear it had only been less than 5 minutes! Grant didn't answer me when I called down the stairs or when I got downstairs to try to find them. I opened the door to the downstairs bathroom and caught them both playing in the toilet! Both of them were soaking wet with water they had been splashing around in. Grant wielded the toilet bowl brush and had been gleefully flinging water from the toilet all over the walls, sink, floor, rug AND his brother!! Grant immediately started by saying 'I'm so sorry I made a mess'. Then he proceded to tell me that he'd flushed something down the toilet - apparently something that Jacob had been playing with. Still have NO IDEA what it might have been, other than maybe a lid to one of the glue bottles Jared uses that might have been in the trash. I checked to make sure the toilet still flushed without overflowing (gnomes came to mind for those of you who have seen the HOME TEACHERS movie). So I hustled them both upstairs and gave them both a bath. Then I put Jacob in his crib with just his diaper on and Grant on his 'naughty chair' in the corner with his diaper on. Then I went back down to clean up the bathroom. Jared came home from work to find two naked boys, freshly bathed and confined to quarters. Things didn't look good for them. It really was funny to me and I wanted so badly to take a picture of them in there, but couldn't let them know that I wasn't really that angry about the mess they made. So we laughed about it out of hearing of the boys and made sure Grant knew that the toilet is not a toy!! We'll be locking that room from now on I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home