Sommers Family

Monday, November 17, 2008

Jacob's First Birthday - Finally!

Well, I finally got around to posting the birthday pictures! I can't believe how far behind I can get so quickly. This is Jacob on the morning of his birthday. I was trying to get him to give me a real smile, but all I could get was his big fake one!
This was the cake I made for Jacob. Grant was determined that Jacob wanted a 'monkey' cake for his birthday, so I found a banana cake recipe on the internet with a lovely cream cheese frosting! I've got to say, "YUM!!!" We all enjoyed it. I'll have to post the recipe on the family recipe site. Here's all the party stuff laid out. The little cake with the monkeys on it was the one I decorated for Jacob to destroy. More pictures of that one are below.While we got everything ready for the party, Grant and Jacob played with balloons. Grant was determined that a party required balloons. It's so funny that Grant gets ideas about certain things that have to be a certain way. They had a great time bouncing them around together. I think a couple of them are still hanging around the house even now. I'm amazed the boys haven't popped them all.Jacob did a good job opening his presents. He, of course, loved the paper more than whatever was inside it. But Grant was happy to help him finish up. Grant even got a present from each set of grandparents himself.
This was Jacob's big present from mom and dad - a Little People parking garage set.
Grandma and Grandpa Sommers gave Jacob a walking toy. Grandpa put that toy together while daddy put the parking garage together. The boys could hardly contain themselves waiting for the toys to be ready to play with.
When they finally got done building the toys, the boys played together for a while until it was time for the cake and ice cream. The boys both love the parking garage.Jacob didn't hesitate at all. He dove right into the frosting to get a taste. He loved it!Grant helped Jacob blow out his candle and then we all ate cake and ice cream together while we watched Jacob tear his cake apart.He wasn't easily distracted from his cake. Jacob's not one to waste food, so he didn't get much on the floor. It was all over his face though. It's not often that he's encouraged to destroy his food.Here' s Jacob's cheesy grin again. Except this time, it's covered in frosting.

Jacob started sharing the cake with Daddy!
Here's what was left of his cake when he finally finished. He did a good job huh?He looks pretty proud of himself. I think he had a good first birthday!Our big boy! We can't believe he's been in our lives for a whole year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home